2017年4月30日 星期日

#7 Steve Jobs’ Talk

1 relent
→to act in a less severe way towards someone and allow something that you had refused to allow before

Ex: Her parents eventually relented and let her go to the party.

2 tuition
→the money paid for this type of teaching

Ex: Few can afford the tuition of $12,000 a semester.

3 stumble
→to walk in a way that does not seem controlled

Ex: He pulled on his clothes and stumbled into the kitchen.

4 intuition
→an ability to understand or know something immediately based on your feelings rather than facts

Ex: I can't explain how I knew - I just had an intuition that you'd been involved in an accident.

5 diverge
→to follow a different direction, or to be or become different

Ex: Although the two organizations have worked together for many years, their objectives have diverged recently.



I like the story─connecting the dots in Steve Jobs’ Talk. He was lucky the he found what he loved to do early in life. He had dropped out and decided to take a calligraphy class, and 10 years later, he used it to design the first Macintosh computer, he might never think that he would needed in the future. I also think that I’d never need the thing I learned now in the future sometimes. But after reading this talk, I know that maybe I will need someday, somewhere later. Just like he said: “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.” It's inspired me a lot!

1 則留言:

  1. ...he might never think that he would needed in the future....
    => he might never know that he would need it in the future...

    回覆刪除