2017年4月30日 星期日

#7 Steve Jobs’ Talk

1 relent
to act in a less severe way towards someone and allow something that you had refused to allow before

Ex: Her parents eventually relented and let her go to the party.

2 tuition
the money paid for this type of teaching

Ex: Few can afford the tuition of $12,000 a semester.

3 stumble
to walk in a way that does not seem controlled

Ex: He pulled on his clothes and stumbled into the kitchen.

4 intuition
an ability to understand or know something immediately based on your feelings rather than facts

Ex: I can't explain how I knew - I just had an intuition that you'd been involved in an accident.

5 diverge
to follow a different direction, or to be or become different

Ex: Although the two organizations have worked together for many years, their objectives have diverged recently.



I like the storyconnecting the dots in Steve Jobs’ Talk. He was lucky the he found what he loved to do early in life. He had dropped out and decided to take a calligraphy class, and 10 years later, he used it to design the first Macintosh computer, he might never think that he would needed in the future. I also think that I’d never need the thing I learned now in the future sometimes. But after reading this talk, I know that maybe I will need someday, somewhere later. Just like he said: “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.” It's inspired me a lot!

1 則留言:

  1. ...he might never think that he would needed in the future....
    => he might never know that he would need it in the future...

    回覆刪除